Registration open for Bath Meeting-September 18-20, 2017

Dear CHAOS colleagues!

The homepage for our next meeting in Bath from 18.9.-20.9.2017 went online today. You have the possibility to look at the schedule and to register and submit your abstract, in case you want to give a presentation. If we receive more abstracts than speaker slots, we will give priority to talks presenting collaborative results.

Additionally, there will be possibilities for hotels posted, directions from the hotels to the venue and directions how to get from London airport to Bath.

Since we have this year also a summer school to finance and since we have increased the budget for STSMs, we will not be able to reimburse as many people as at the Vienna meeting, where we could actually reimburse 80 people. I estimate that we will be able to reimburse  ~60 people. Should we surpass this number by the end of the registration deadline, we will follow a clear ranking procedure, which will be made public to all of you.

One ranking criterion will be the time of registration. We will have an early bird deadline, which is in a month from now on the 8.7.2017, and a late registration deadline, which will be the 31st of July. Naturally, priority will be given to early bird registrants.

I hope to see many of you in Bath!

Please do so until July 8th 2017


Dear MC members!
Please fill in the form and give your feedback if regarding upcoming events.
  • ​Do you agree to spend extra money on STSMs?
  • ​Do you agree to spend extra money on an additional Meeting?
  • ​Do you agree to open our meetings for students, keeping priority for PIs?
  • Do you agree on a fixed grant of 500€?
  • What is your preferred country for 2nd CHAOS meeting?
  • Do you agree to keep the option open to send somebody to a dissemination meeting in Spring?
  • Do you agree to have our main meeting in GP3 at the ICIQ in Tarragona?
  • Do you agree to set a deadline for potential organizers of a training school to confirm their willingness by 1.12.2017?
  • Do you agree to make the decision in a single round vote?
  • Hosting GP3 Meeting
    For other future meetings, there were also already some countries expressing interest. One question is whether we will need a backup meeting in GP3 in case we open the door for students to attend our meetings. In this case, we might very well have only one meeting a year as our colleagues at CARISMA. Since this is dependent on the outcome of VQ3 and VQ4, I suggest that at this time, I collect for the moment applications which are send to me by e-mail and delay a vote on any other locations for GP3 to a later time.
    Do you agree with the above mentioned procedure?
  • Do you agree that ISCHA4 in Japan will be our dissemination meeting for GP3?
  • Do you agree that Michael Schnürch represents CHAOS as Action Chair at the ISCHA4 in 2018 in case he fulfills the requirements? In case question 11 is answered in majority with yes and question 12 is answered in majority with no, we will be setting up a procedure how to select our representative for ISCHA4.