Introduction to STSM, Application Procedure, and Important Contacts
All young scientists participating in the COST Action are encouraged to apply for a Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) for going to an institution or laboratory in another participating COST-Country to foster collaboration, to learn new techniques or to learn using instruments and/or methods not available in their own institution/laboratory.
According to COST rules STSM should last at a minimum one week (5 working days) and at a maximum three months.
In order to complete the application, applicants are required to send by email the following documents to the Action MC Chair or the STSM coordinator
- A letter of invitation from a senior researcher affiliated to the Host institution
- STSM application form (attached to this email as a pdf document)
- A motivation letter including a work plan detailing the proposed activities
- A support letter / email from the Home Institution
- A full C.V. (including a list of academic publications – if applicable)
Please note that you can start your mission after:
- The MC Chair or STSM coordinator assessed your request,
- The MC Chair or STSM coordinator informed the Grant Holder that the proposed STSM has been approved,
- The Grant Holder sent you a formal Grant Notification letter.
After completing your mission, you are required to provide the following documents to the Action MC Chair or the STSM coordinator:
- A scientific report
- An official letter / email from a senior researcher affiliated to the Host Institution formally accepting the scientific report
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact one of the persons below:
- Chair of Action CA15106 : Prof Michael Schnürch (email@example.com)
- Science Officer: Dr Lucia Forzi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tatiana Besset (email@example.com)
- Doron Pappo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Erik Van der Eycken (email@example.com)
Administrative Officer: Nathalie Warenghien (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications have to be made through the online registration tool at the official COST webpage. Above mentioned information can be sent to cost action administration via using the contact form.
STSM Open Calls
COST Action CA15106 “C-H Activation in Organic Synthesis” (CHAOS) invites Researchers from Participating COST Countries to submit applications for the 3rd call for Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSM)
Deadline for applications to be submitted: 05.04.2017
Notification of application outcome: 12.04.2017
Period of STSM: between 01.5.2017 and 15.03.2018
Granted STSMs List